Thursday, March 8, 2012

Meg for Prez

I think I’ve talked about this before, but because of the upcoming presidential elections, I feel obligated to talk about it again. I know nothing, and when I say nothing, I mean literally NOTHING about politics. I couldn’t tell you who, besides Mitt Romney {Shout out to my Mormon peeps} is running this year.

I can’t tell you what Obama did or didn’t do, other than be made fun of on Saturday Night Live a few times. But they seem to be able to mock every president fairly well so really, it made no difference. I do know Michelle Obama took French fries out of school lunches and did push ups with Ellen, but those don’t really win over a vote for her husband from me.

Gas prices suck, I’m not sure if that’s because of Obama or something else, but there’s nothing I can do about it, so I continue to get hosed at the pump once a week as a fill up.  My health insurance premiums are still outrageous, and I’m still paying out the a-double-s for diabetes supplies every month for my kid. From what I’ve gathered, I’m paying for people with no jobs to get insurance basically. Right? Or am I just making this up. Probably.

This is what happens when my main source of news comes from Facebook and Twitter. I thought while following “The Onion” I was getting some legit news stories. Turns out those are all fake. Oops, my bad. I’m sure I’m a disgrace to society for not caring more; but in all honesty, nothing makes me madder than Greys Anatomy being interrupted for a presidential address to the nation. I don’t care what he has to say! I just care if Grey and McDreamy are hooking up in the break room again!

Anyway, there’s really not a huge point to this post, other than the fact I’m a little, ok a LOT, politically disabled. I’m ok with that. I've managed to survive this long without an understanding of it all. But for the love of all that is holy, for the next 8 months, could you all tone it down with the politics on social media sites? You’re really putting a damper on my free entertainment.

Thanks!

p.s. maybe write me in as your presidential election this year?

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY agree with you on this...I have been spending less and less time on Facebook because I am SO freaking sick and tired of it!!
    Who you vote for should be based on which candidate is most like-minded in their thoughts, words, and actions. Nobody on Facebook cares. Seeing more "Ron Paul 2012" posts or "Mitt Chick" badges is not going to sway my opinion one way or the other - nor should it sway any one else's. It's just obnoxious.
    Let's get back to the really important and juicy stuff...like who's status has changed to "It's complicated" and who checked in at Golds Gym for a little "GTL". I don't know about you, but that is why I log on in the first place!

    ReplyDelete