Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A big confession....

Sometimes in life we make mistakes. Sometimes in life, those mistakes happen to be big enough that they haunt you forever. I'm not talking about the time I dyed my hair green or got caught ditching seminary. Or even my 6th grade photo with one overall strap hanging down. While those are valid mistakes and the hauntings will never go away, I'm talking about a bigger issue here. 

Tonight I took my kids to Walmart. (again, not the mistake I'm about to talk about) While we were there I somehow managed to get talked in to buying a movie.... I can't even admit this without feeling like a total failure of a parent. In fact, someone may need to turn me in to social services. I bought....(I'm getting sick) Never Say Never, the Justin Bieber movie.

I feel like such a sale out! After all the times I have mocked this movie and all who have seen it, I, of all people, paid 13.97 and bought the movie!! I feel like I've let down anti Bieber fans across the world. I think this is how I'd feel if I ever cheated on Oreos with the western family brand. 

And now I live with this mistake on my shoulders. Similar to every other mistake I've made in life. From thinking I could pull off a Jennifer Aniston hair style in the late 90's, to saying yes at my first wedding. This purchase will forever haunt me for not standing for what I believe in, a Bieber free home!! The only positive side to this purchase is that for once, I own a movie that didn't start out as a dollar rental from Redbox!!

No comments:

Post a Comment