Sunday, May 1, 2011

Third Grade English

I’ll be the first person to tell you my attention span is that of a nat. This could potentially be my biggest downfall. I realize I’m giving myself more credit than I deserve by deeming my short attention span to my biggest downfall, however, if I’m not able to talk myself up on my own blog, what good is it?? My oldest son Carter is out playing baseball with my dad right now while I’m trying to rummage up some creativity to help him with his final book report project for the third grade. Somewhere between my negligence to academics and his dad’s laziness, Carter developed an interest in school, particularly reading. My favorite book always was, and still is, One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish, by Dr. Seuss. Why? Because that’s really all my attention span can handle, well that it’s short, sweet, and it has lots of pictures. If ever I had to do a book report in school, I made sure it had already been made into a movie because there was no way I was going to sit down and actually read How to Kill a Mockingbird.

Carter chose to do his final book report on, How to Speak Dragonese. The third book to the, How to Train your Dragon series. I was pretty excited when he decided that he was going to do his project on this book because he’s seen that movie!! YES!! A child after my own heart! Only to find out, that the book he’d chosen, was the THIRD book. Not the first one. Therefore, no movie, which means, my help on this project is going to be about as constructive as a midget working in a big and tall store.

I wish I were one of those moms who had the ambition to sit down and read the same books as her kids to be of more help on projects like these, and maybe one day, I’ll consider venturing out to books on tape or something, for now I’ll continue to wait for the movie to come out, take my boys to it and shove my face full of popcorn before discussing the book with them. My kids may want to seriously consider tutors down the road!!

No comments:

Post a Comment